The State Institution «V.P. Komisarenko Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism»
Main areas of research work of the Institute
- study the mechanisms of hormonal action and hormonal regulation of metabolism;
study the etiology, pathogenesis, clinics of diabetes mellitus, thyroid and adrenal diseases;
develop new trends in the treatment of these diseases and their prevention;
study the interaction between the immune and endocrine systems in the regulation of immunologic homeostasis, its role in the development of diabetes mellitus, thyroid diseases;
study the effects of radiation exposure on endocrine glands in clinics and experiment;
search for new preparations for the treatment of endocrine diseases.
Areas of clinical work of the Institute
- give a highly skilled specialized consultative-diagnostic and therapeutic-preventive assistance to the population with endocrine pathology;
- form and manage the Clinico-epidemiological Registry of children’s and adult population with the most common endocrine system disorders;
- develop and introduce into medical care system new methods of diagnosis, prevention and treatment of endocrine diseases;
- organize and conduct trainings and specialization courses dealing with topical issues of clinical endocrinology.